Easy Method To Uninstall AutoTime.exe: Instructions For Windows
AutoTime.exe is referred to be another new vicious application or malware identity under adware or PUP. If this application is actively running inside your system without your intention, it’s a clear indication your system might be running some pesky software or PUP that should never be installed there. This kind of malicious file technically takes advantage of user’s unawareness to lure them by promising a lot and make them to open a few attached links in form of pop ups, banners, and so on. This file also alters preinstalled browser settings to add some unwanted extensions or addons, which altogether makes the online sessions really disturbing in all prospects. In such cases, the eruption of links, pop ups or any other kind of commercial banners are highly expected that keeps the victims visit malicious or phishing sources all the time. Thus, the removal of AutoTime.exe from a system once identified is highly recommended that can be easily accomplished through a few guidelines from experts.
Why AutoTime.exe are developed and can be eliminated permanently?
Alike all other highly deceptive malware identities, AutoTime.exe is highly capable to do all tricks implemented by cyber criminals for gaining illegal profits. Initially, the impacts of this program might seem powerless, but as the time goes on more and more, the malware becomes totally destructive to turn your efficiently running system collapsed in minutes, it’s completely developed for destruction purposes to make profit but the victims are never shared with any positive values rather than dilemmas. This infectious object comes packed or bundled with various free online components that gets downloaded all over the world without required attention, and it’s also a common factor why a machine easily gets affected.
In order to clean AutoTime.exe from an infected or compromised computer system, it’s very necessary for a user to identify this malware term at first on their system. To do so, they can look through task manager process tab. If the file seems to be malicious or causing frequent hassles to make system running inefficiently, then it might be a malware. To remove it completely, experts recommend to use a an automated scanner and cleaner that go through each and every essential Windows areas to check for suspicious entries and remove them. However, a technically handed victim can even get through suggested manual instructions here to delete AutoTime.exe through themselves.
AutoTime.exe is a legitimate file that is utilized by Windows operating system to assure some specific programs to run properly. However many of the cyber criminals make use of this file name to circulate their own infectious files which once settled down on a computer starts itself and replace the original one that causes the system to throw AutoTime.exe errors on screen. If such conditions happens with your computer, you would immediately notice the issue of System instability and PC starts getting freezing and hanging on regular basis. This dangerous process elevates other processes to gain admin rights and they will start controlling the infected PC.
The storage location of AutoTime.exe changes depending on the version of the used Operating System. Most probably, this file is located in either c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 directories. In some cases, it gets stored in dllcache directory if it is present in your PC. Since the name of the process looks very genuine hence it easily manages to disguise itself.
How Does AutoTime.exe error works?
The AutoTime.exe infections install their executable in the marked PC in a very secret way. They copy its payloads in the Windows System folders and alter the registries simultaneously so that this file runs automatically every time the System is booted. AutoTime.exe will modify the subkey named as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to get booted on PC startup. Once it settles down, it also connects the work-station with a remote host in order execute nasty tasks such as:
- To downloads arbitrary harmful files in the backdoor
- To receive coded instructions from its developer
- To get secret configuration
- To transfer data cheated on the infected PC to remote server
Some common error messages
- “AutoTime.exe Application Error.”
- “AutoTime.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “AutoTime.exe. This program is not responding.”
- “Error starting program: AutoTime.exe.”
- “Faulting Application Path: AutoTime.exe.”
- “AutoTime.exe failed.”
How AutoTime.exe Does Gets Inside the PC?
Cyber criminals use multiple means to circulate infectious copy of AutoTime.exe in the targeted PC. It could come through malicious website hyperlinks, bundling, social engineering spams, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, email attachments and so on. It has the capability to exploit your PC security vulnerabilities and get installed secretly without your knowledge. Other easy way is to attach the payload with spam email campaigns and cyber-criminals do this a lot. Such spam emails are very cunningly designed with forged header information giving an impression that the mail is coming from some governmental organization, shipping company and so on. Normally, such mails have so many grammar and spelling mistakes. If you get curious to know what the email attachment is containing and open the email attachments then eventually this would end up installing AutoTime.exe virus.
Sometimes, cyber-criminals also promote AutoTime.exe as helpful software or a necessary Windows System file. For instance, you may notice a bogus message asking you to update Java files or Adobe Flash Player and so on.
Issues and Damages Caused by AutoTime.exe
First of all, understand that AutoTime.exe is not stand-alone infection and rather it is bound to bring so many other malware infections by exploiting the security loopholes. So, you will face several Online as well as Offline performance issues simultaneously and it compromises with the personal data security as well. Some of the common issues that you may notice are:
- Shows bogus alerts claiming that your PC is infected with malware
- Asks the victims to click on nasty notification hyperlinks for fix issue
- Redirects the Webpage over sponsored perilous websites
- Blocks the access to various legitimate programs
- Automatically disables important process and registries
Most of the files are useful and they are responsible for smoothly executing predefined functions. However there are malicious programs including malware and browser-hijackers that are made up of files like AutoTime.exe and they alter the important settings of PC unnecessarily. They even allow cyber-criminals to gain access over your work-station.
How to Remove AutoTime.exe file from the PC?
Nevertheless, it is possible to delete AutoTime.exe from the infected computer manually but it is generally not recommended for multiple reasons. It is a risky and cumbersome process and most of all, this file is related to Trojan and they are tricky in disguising their presence. So, there is high possibility of System damage while removing it manually. A proper System scan with a reputable anti-malware tool will assure you that all the malicious files and entries present in the PC are removed. Even if you run the manual steps, it is recommended to investigate your PC with automatic process as well. There is a bright change of other harmful components hidden in the PC that prevent full removal of AutoTime.exe and even restore the malware.
Let Us Learn How to Remove AutoTime.exe Manually
1. Open the Command Prompt Window: Press the “Start” button on the Taskbar and go to “Run” to begin the “Run” tool. Type the command “cmd” on it and press “OK” button.
2. Locate DLL files: Once the Command Prompt window opens, you have to locate the exact path as mentioned in the screenshot below. Type “cd” for changing the current directory, press space button, enter the path of the file and then press enter. Use “dir” command if you want to display the content on the screen.
3. Unregister the Unwanted DLL: After locating the directory from where you want to uninstall file, type “regsvr32/u[DLL_NAME]” and press on Enter button.
4. Successful Unregistering: Once the targeted dll files get unregistered, a conformation message appears on the screen.
The above mentioned manual steps may fix AutoTime.exe but there is always a chance that you fail to detect it on your own as it is very deceiving. The process is cumbersome and it requires a lot of precision and expertise. So, it is always better to use a powerful anti-malware tool especially for the novice users.
The automatic tool will do a number of things simultaneously such as cleaning the Windows registries, disk defragmentation, removing active malware, removing cached data, start-up files managements, delete junk files, and fix errors and so on. It also cleans the browser history and assists in the best Windows settings. The contemporary software is compatible with all the Windows versions.
User Guide to Use Automatic Tool:
1. Download Regcure Pro by clicking download button, and execute the installer. follow on screen instructions to complete installation.
2. Here, you can modify Scanning process as per your need such as for general scan, scheduled scan, applications, etc.
3. After the above step, Regcure Pro starts scanning PC to find all infected areas inside.
4. After the scan completes, a message box appears with “Fix All” button. Click the button to repair all PC errors.