YahooMessenger.exe is new released file for Windows that is available for download. Additionally, it is used with support for sending animated, bulk photo sharing, unsent and offline and low connectivity mode features, GIFS etc. It runs as process name YahooMessenger.exe and configured to autorun on Startup of your system. Sometimes, unsafe virus or malware enters in system as YahooMessenger.exe. Usually, it benign as real files (YahooMessenger.exe), but only causes annoyance. This type of harmful files is actually located in another location other than C drive. Therefore, suggested to follow instruction and remove YahooMessenger.exe instantly.
More About YahooMessenger.exe
YahooMessenger.exe existence in system is really unsafe. You users get infected with such annoying exe files when without reading Terms and agreement click and download unsafe program, visit the website which only promote the content which is unsafe, sharing of files over network etc. Once, system gets infected with YahooMessenger.ex,e unsafe files your PC settings completely get change without letting users have any information.
YahooMessenger.exe Error Message:
- Unable to log on to your messenger
- Messenger not working due to corrupt installation files
- Not possible to send or receive messages
- System not responding
YahooMessenger.exe completely assault functions. It drop malicious codes and keep running inside browser background to cause unusual problems. Thus, look for quite effective solution and remove YahooMessenger.exe.
YahooMessenger.exe is a legitimate file that is utilized by Windows operating system to assure some specific programs to run properly. However many of the cyber criminals make use of this file name to circulate their own infectious files which once settled down on a computer starts itself and replace the original one that causes the system to throw YahooMessenger.exe errors on screen. If such conditions happens with your computer, you would immediately notice the issue of System instability and PC starts getting freezing and hanging on regular basis. This dangerous process elevates other processes to gain admin rights and they will start controlling the infected PC.
The storage location of YahooMessenger.exe changes depending on the version of the used Operating System. Most probably, this file is located in either c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 directories. In some cases, it gets stored in dllcache directory if it is present in your PC. Since the name of the process looks very genuine hence it easily manages to disguise itself.
How Does YahooMessenger.exe error works?
The YahooMessenger.exe infections install their executable in the marked PC in a very secret way. They copy its payloads in the Windows System folders and alter the registries simultaneously so that this file runs automatically every time the System is booted. YahooMessenger.exe will modify the subkey named as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to get booted on PC startup. Once it settles down, it also connects the work-station with a remote host in order execute nasty tasks such as:
- To downloads arbitrary harmful files in the backdoor
- To receive coded instructions from its developer
- To get secret configuration
- To transfer data cheated on the infected PC to remote server
Some common error messages
- “YahooMessenger.exe Application Error.”
- “YahooMessenger.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “YahooMessenger.exe. This program is not responding.”
- “Error starting program: YahooMessenger.exe.”
- “Faulting Application Path: YahooMessenger.exe.”
- “YahooMessenger.exe failed.”
How YahooMessenger.exe Does Gets Inside the PC?
Cyber criminals use multiple means to circulate infectious copy of YahooMessenger.exe in the targeted PC. It could come through malicious website hyperlinks, bundling, social engineering spams, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, email attachments and so on. It has the capability to exploit your PC security vulnerabilities and get installed secretly without your knowledge. Other easy way is to attach the payload with spam email campaigns and cyber-criminals do this a lot. Such spam emails are very cunningly designed with forged header information giving an impression that the mail is coming from some governmental organization, shipping company and so on. Normally, such mails have so many grammar and spelling mistakes. If you get curious to know what the email attachment is containing and open the email attachments then eventually this would end up installing YahooMessenger.exe virus.
Sometimes, cyber-criminals also promote YahooMessenger.exe as helpful software or a necessary Windows System file. For instance, you may notice a bogus message asking you to update Java files or Adobe Flash Player and so on.
Issues and Damages Caused by YahooMessenger.exe
First of all, understand that YahooMessenger.exe is not stand-alone infection and rather it is bound to bring so many other malware infections by exploiting the security loopholes. So, you will face several Online as well as Offline performance issues simultaneously and it compromises with the personal data security as well. Some of the common issues that you may notice are:
- Shows bogus alerts claiming that your PC is infected with malware
- Asks the victims to click on nasty notification hyperlinks for fix issue
- Redirects the Webpage over sponsored perilous websites
- Blocks the access to various legitimate programs
- Automatically disables important process and registries
Most of the files are useful and they are responsible for smoothly executing predefined functions. However there are malicious programs including malware and browser-hijackers that are made up of files like YahooMessenger.exe and they alter the important settings of PC unnecessarily. They even allow cyber-criminals to gain access over your work-station.
How to Remove YahooMessenger.exe file from the PC?
Nevertheless, it is possible to delete YahooMessenger.exe from the infected computer manually but it is generally not recommended for multiple reasons. It is a risky and cumbersome process and most of all, this file is related to Trojan and they are tricky in disguising their presence. So, there is high possibility of System damage while removing it manually. A proper System scan with a reputable anti-malware tool will assure you that all the malicious files and entries present in the PC are removed. Even if you run the manual steps, it is recommended to investigate your PC with automatic process as well. There is a bright change of other harmful components hidden in the PC that prevent full removal of YahooMessenger.exe and even restore the malware.
Let Us Learn How to Remove YahooMessenger.exe Manually
1. Open the Command Prompt Window: Press the “Start” button on the Taskbar and go to “Run” to begin the “Run” tool. Type the command “cmd” on it and press “OK” button.
2. Locate DLL files: Once the Command Prompt window opens, you have to locate the exact path as mentioned in the screenshot below. Type “cd” for changing the current directory, press space button, enter the path of the file and then press enter. Use “dir” command if you want to display the content on the screen.
3. Unregister the Unwanted DLL: After locating the directory from where you want to uninstall file, type “regsvr32/u[DLL_NAME]” and press on Enter button.
4. Successful Unregistering: Once the targeted dll files get unregistered, a conformation message appears on the screen.
The above mentioned manual steps may fix YahooMessenger.exe but there is always a chance that you fail to detect it on your own as it is very deceiving. The process is cumbersome and it requires a lot of precision and expertise. So, it is always better to use a powerful anti-malware tool especially for the novice users.
The automatic tool will do a number of things simultaneously such as cleaning the Windows registries, disk defragmentation, removing active malware, removing cached data, start-up files managements, delete junk files, and fix errors and so on. It also cleans the browser history and assists in the best Windows settings. The contemporary software is compatible with all the Windows versions.
User Guide to Use Automatic Tool:
1. Download Regcure Pro by clicking download button, and execute the installer. follow on screen instructions to complete installation.
2. Here, you can modify Scanning process as per your need such as for general scan, scheduled scan, applications, etc.
3. After the above step, Regcure Pro starts scanning PC to find all infected areas inside.
4. After the scan completes, a message box appears with “Fix All” button. Click the button to repair all PC errors.