ISOLATION.EXE is a type of exe file. It is located in a subfolder of C:\Program Files. It contains step by step instruction that computer follows to carry out a function. It is not a system core file. It can be used with adware and spyware. Cyber criminals often use the name of this file to camouflage their malware. In short, you must ensure whether ISOLATION.EXE file you have installed belongs to a trustworthy company software component or it is a dangerous computer infection.
The best way to confirm that is to scan the system that has installed ISOLATION.EXE file with some reputable antivirus program for the virus check. The antivirus tool detects this file as a TROJ. ISOLATION.EXE is a high-risk Trojan infection that can cause both the system vulnerabilities and privacy issues. Thus, you should remove ISOLATION.EXE in such a case immediately. Happily, you will be provided an option to delete ISOLATION.EXE as well by the antivirus scanning that detect this file a malicious one.
ISOLATION.EXE associated with adware virus has no visible window. It actually used to run its malicious process as hidden file in system background. It cause change in system files, registry, start-up to cause unstoppable annoyances.
ISOLATION.EXE lead to several problems. It even payloads malicious file in registry to completely change the PC performance. Moreover, it makes change to security settings and allows other files to enter. It totally assault performance and make easy for hackers to gain access. It is only target to steal informative details and use for their own purpose. Thus, suggested to remove ISOLATION.EXE as soon as possible.
ISOLATION.EXE is a legitimate file that is utilized by Windows operating system to assure some specific programs to run properly. However many of the cyber criminals make use of this file name to circulate their own infectious files which once settled down on a computer starts itself and replace the original one that causes the system to throw ISOLATION.EXE errors on screen. If such conditions happens with your computer, you would immediately notice the issue of System instability and PC starts getting freezing and hanging on regular basis. This dangerous process elevates other processes to gain admin rights and they will start controlling the infected PC.
The storage location of ISOLATION.EXE changes depending on the version of the used Operating System. Most probably, this file is located in either c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 directories. In some cases, it gets stored in dllcache directory if it is present in your PC. Since the name of the process looks very genuine hence it easily manages to disguise itself.
How Does ISOLATION.EXE error works?
The ISOLATION.EXE infections install their executable in the marked PC in a very secret way. They copy its payloads in the Windows System folders and alter the registries simultaneously so that this file runs automatically every time the System is booted. ISOLATION.EXE will modify the subkey named as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to get booted on PC startup. Once it settles down, it also connects the work-station with a remote host in order execute nasty tasks such as:
- To downloads arbitrary harmful files in the backdoor
- To receive coded instructions from its developer
- To get secret configuration
- To transfer data cheated on the infected PC to remote server
Some common error messages
- “ISOLATION.EXE Application Error.”
- “ISOLATION.EXE is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “ISOLATION.EXE. This program is not responding.”
- “Error starting program: ISOLATION.EXE.”
- “Faulting Application Path: ISOLATION.EXE.”
- “ISOLATION.EXE failed.”
How ISOLATION.EXE Does Gets Inside the PC?
Cyber criminals use multiple means to circulate infectious copy of ISOLATION.EXE in the targeted PC. It could come through malicious website hyperlinks, bundling, social engineering spams, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, email attachments and so on. It has the capability to exploit your PC security vulnerabilities and get installed secretly without your knowledge. Other easy way is to attach the payload with spam email campaigns and cyber-criminals do this a lot. Such spam emails are very cunningly designed with forged header information giving an impression that the mail is coming from some governmental organization, shipping company and so on. Normally, such mails have so many grammar and spelling mistakes. If you get curious to know what the email attachment is containing and open the email attachments then eventually this would end up installing ISOLATION.EXE virus.
Sometimes, cyber-criminals also promote ISOLATION.EXE as helpful software or a necessary Windows System file. For instance, you may notice a bogus message asking you to update Java files or Adobe Flash Player and so on.
Issues and Damages Caused by ISOLATION.EXE
First of all, understand that ISOLATION.EXE is not stand-alone infection and rather it is bound to bring so many other malware infections by exploiting the security loopholes. So, you will face several Online as well as Offline performance issues simultaneously and it compromises with the personal data security as well. Some of the common issues that you may notice are:
- Shows bogus alerts claiming that your PC is infected with malware
- Asks the victims to click on nasty notification hyperlinks for fix issue
- Redirects the Webpage over sponsored perilous websites
- Blocks the access to various legitimate programs
- Automatically disables important process and registries
Most of the files are useful and they are responsible for smoothly executing predefined functions. However there are malicious programs including malware and browser-hijackers that are made up of files like ISOLATION.EXE and they alter the important settings of PC unnecessarily. They even allow cyber-criminals to gain access over your work-station.
How to Remove ISOLATION.EXE file from the PC?
Nevertheless, it is possible to delete ISOLATION.EXE from the infected computer manually but it is generally not recommended for multiple reasons. It is a risky and cumbersome process and most of all, this file is related to Trojan and they are tricky in disguising their presence. So, there is high possibility of System damage while removing it manually. A proper System scan with a reputable anti-malware tool will assure you that all the malicious files and entries present in the PC are removed. Even if you run the manual steps, it is recommended to investigate your PC with automatic process as well. There is a bright change of other harmful components hidden in the PC that prevent full removal of ISOLATION.EXE and even restore the malware.
Let Us Learn How to Remove ISOLATION.EXE Manually
1. Open the Command Prompt Window: Press the “Start” button on the Taskbar and go to “Run” to begin the “Run” tool. Type the command “cmd” on it and press “OK” button.
2. Locate DLL files: Once the Command Prompt window opens, you have to locate the exact path as mentioned in the screenshot below. Type “cd” for changing the current directory, press space button, enter the path of the file and then press enter. Use “dir” command if you want to display the content on the screen.
3. Unregister the Unwanted DLL: After locating the directory from where you want to uninstall file, type “regsvr32/u[DLL_NAME]” and press on Enter button.
4. Successful Unregistering: Once the targeted dll files get unregistered, a conformation message appears on the screen.
The above mentioned manual steps may fix ISOLATION.EXE but there is always a chance that you fail to detect it on your own as it is very deceiving. The process is cumbersome and it requires a lot of precision and expertise. So, it is always better to use a powerful anti-malware tool especially for the novice users.
The automatic tool will do a number of things simultaneously such as cleaning the Windows registries, disk defragmentation, removing active malware, removing cached data, start-up files managements, delete junk files, and fix errors and so on. It also cleans the browser history and assists in the best Windows settings. The contemporary software is compatible with all the Windows versions.
User Guide to Use Automatic Tool:
1. Download Reimage PC Repair by clicking download button, and execute the installer. follow on screen instructions to complete installation. After that, launch the scanner and it will run automatically to analyze your PC information first.
2. In second step, the scanner will start diagnosing your system configuration and hardware issues.
3. After the above step, Reimage will show hardware analysis summary on screen as shown in the image below.
4. Finally, the app will show you complete PC scan summary on screen to state all detected risks or issues with its severity levels. At the bottom, you can see a button “START REPAIR” which you will have to click finally, to start the repair and to fix all detected issues in the next few minutes.